Tie Dye Cake
My Mother has been making us tie dye cakes for years! Or some like to call them Rainbow Cakes. I had a customer ask me if I could make a Tie Dye cake inside and out and I had alot of fun doing so.
I, first, had to call my Mom and figure out how to do it. I took pictures so you could follow along. I love having a creative Mom :}
Note: I made two tie dye cakes. One was a tester cake I made a week before the actual cake I made for the customer. The tester cake is the pictures below. We made a family event out of it and had a MESSY BLAST!
Mix a white cake how you like.
- Seperate the batter in bowls or plastic cups. I didn't want a bunch of dishes to wash.
- I wanted 7 different colors, so I have 7 cups full of white cake mix.
- Add food coloring (I used Wilton's Food Coloring)
- Mix the food coloring until blended.
Madison just had to take a lick out of each color :}
- One color (cup) at a time add to your sprayed cake pan. Just add them right on top of eachother and it will spread it self out.
- Keep adding each cup until your pan is 2/3 full.