I made this Reindeer Applique Shirt for Jaxson last night. I love how to came out and I'm making Madison one tonight or tomorrow. Her Reindeer Applique Shirt will be wearing a hair bow :)
Brown, Beige, White, Black, and Red Fabric
Brown, Beige, White, Black, and Red Thread
Heat N Bond Lite
Reindeer Applique Template
All you do is...
- Make a Reindeer Applique Template. I drew my template by hand, but I'm sure you can find one through google search. The reindeer's head is like a candy corn shape. I drew a candycorn with ears, antlers, a nose, and eyes. I then made a copy of the template from my printer.
- Cut out your Template seperating the parts. This is when the second copy comes in hand.
- Iron Heat N Bond to your 5 Fabrics and trace the body parts on the back of the heat N bond.
- Cut out each shape
- Arrange the Reindeers face on your shirt and iron in place
- Use a ziz-zag stich and sitch around your applique. Make sure to match the thread to the fabric you are sewing.
I will post step by step instuctions along with pictures in a feature date. I'm a picture person learnern =)
This is the most detailed applique I have ever made. I can't wait to make more :)
Jaxson loves it. I ask him "where is the red nose reindeer" and he points to his shirt and smiles.