Confetti-Filled Eggs Tutorial
Great Easter Kids Craft
I saw some confetti-filled eggs at Target and decided to create some of my own. I have never heard of these before, but a friend informed me that these are called Cascarones and her family makes them every year. It's a mexican tradition and it just may become a Kennedy Family tradition :)
- Real Eggs
- Needle or Stitch Cutter
- Confetti or Glitter
- Glue Stick
- Tissue Paper or Paper Towel/Napkin
- Use a Stitch Cutter and poke a small hole on the top and bottom of each egg.
- Then, make the hole on the bottom of the egg bigger (about 3/4") by carefully picking the shell away.
- Rinse out all the egg from inside your shell
- Let your eggs dry.
- Use glitter or confetti. We made our own confetti by cutting paper in tiny peices.
- Have fun with your kids filling up the empty eggs with confetti.
It's looking good!
- Get a piece of tissue paper (I used a 1"x 2" peice of paper towel) and place glue all over it.
- Cover up the hole on your eggs
Now decorate your eggs!
We didn't have paint on hand so we used NAILPOLISH :)